So I haven't posted in the past ??? - okay over a month!! I do have a good excuse. A new baby!!! So, a real quick whirlwind tour of the past month.
Matt has gone back to work and is enjoying being back in the ER, most days. He is enjoying his new birthday present which was an X-box 360. Parenthood, work, and gaming are tug-of-wars for his time.
Lauren is enjoying maternity leave. Of course, the to-do list isn't any shorter. Being a mom is awesome. I have been busy with both kids at home in the past three weeks. Our day-car provider has been gone for two weeks. I give a hand to stay-at-home moms. I wish I could do it, but unfortunately Uncle Sam has another idea. It is a lot of work. I go back to work Dec 8.
Stephen is amazing. He is a great big brother. His vocabulary is growing exponentially daily. He loves to sing - ABBA, Grease, Rock, Hymns, etc. So cute. He requests songs when we get into the car. The development at this age is phenomenal. He is a great sleeper. He sleeps 12.5-13.5 hours per night and 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon (Mommy's day-time break). He loves Handy Manny (Disney cartoon), reading books, kissing his little sister, helping with anything, cooking, and singing! This is my new favorite phrase.
Finally, drumroll, Eleanor Lorraine Wolf was born on Oct 10 at 0952 AM after a difficult labor. Delivery actually was great. She was 7lb 1 oz and 20 in long. She pretty much eats, sleeps, and poops. She is a beautiful little girl (no bias I promise). Matt and I are so blessed to have her. She will sleep for 5-6 hours at night at a go which mommy loves. She is smiling, holding her head up, and spits up a lot. She and I change clothes at least twice and probably should more than that. Ellie was dedicated at church this past Sunday. She wore my christening gown for the dedication.
Tina (Lauren's mom) came to visit for two weeks to help and hold Ellie. So wonderful to have her visit again. She sewed up a storm, took care of laundry, helped with Stephen, and was wonderful adult company. Her close friend and long-time family friend Linda Ownby came for one week to also help. She was a wonderful blessing. Our freezer is full of meals ready to be pulled out to eat and organized. She was so productive, I was in awe! Marjie and dennis (Matt's parents) came for a quick trip to meet Ellie.
In a nutshell, that is us! I will work on getting some pictures posted this weekend! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
3 comments:
CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to see the pictures whenever you post them.
Matt, get Guitar Hero 3 if you haven't both my brother and brother-in-law have it.
Yay! So glad to see something posted here and I can't wait for more pictures! Congrats and enjoy your next two weeks at home!
congrats!!!
Post a Comment