Friday, November 14, 2008

Daddy's First Blog- Stephen's First Prayer

This is Matt.  Although this is "our" blog, up until now, Lauren has been doing it all.  But tonight I told her about bedtime while she was out with a friend and she said, "You have to post that."  So here goes.

Lauren went out with our good friend Penny to dinner and a silent auction.  Penny and her daughter Taylor picked Lauren up just before dinner. As I was putting Stephen to bed, I began to say our bedtime prayers and I was interrupted.  "I want to say prayers myself," he said. This was a new one so I was curious how it was going to turn out.  I just held my breath and waited.

"Dear God,  Thank you for the world.  Thank you that Taylor and Penny and Mommy could go out tonight.    Amen."

I smiled a ginormous smile in the dark as I thought that pretty well summed it up :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love those innocent prayers. Bethany asked Jesus to come into her heart last year and that was the best day ever!

Brent, Lori and Elli said...

GUess what. I am crying! How sweet.

Thank you for visiting our website! May you have a blessed day.